Posted by admin | Posted in Cats, Chuck & Don's, Dogs, Pets | Posted on 10-05-2013
Most pet owners feel that their pets are as much a part of their family as a human family member – many even call themselves ‘mom’ and ‘dad’ when referring to their relationship with their pets. That said, Mother’s Day is a great day to celebrate that bond with the special pet in your life.
Here are some ideas for pet lovers to make the day more memorable for Mom:
• Have breakfast in bed with your pet . Give your pet a treat while you enjoy their companionship and a meal that you did not have to prepare!
• Plan a portrait sitting with your pet. Schedule a photo session or pre-purchase a package to use at a later date. This is a wonderful way to create a lasting memory.
• Share a picnic and spend the day at the park. Grab a take-out meal, a blanket and a Frisbee or ball and go enjoy the great outdoors together!
• Take a long walk with the family. Is there a new trail or hike you’ve been dying to try? Get the leash, the family, some water and head out. No complaining aloud!
• Watch an animal movie together like “Beethoven,” “Garfield,” “Marley & Me,” or “Must Love Dogs.” Everyone can curl up on the coach together. There is nothing better than some family snuggle time.
• Adopt a shelter pet. Some animal rescue organizations host Mother’s Day open houses. Why not bring Mom in for some pet loving? Maybe she’ll find that special one that needs a new Mom and forever home.
Remember, the thing that most Mom’s want on Mother’s Day is simply spending time is with all their loved ones – including their beloved pets!
Happy Mother’s Day from Chuck & Don’s
We Make Pets Happy!